According to Merriam-Webster the simple definition of faith is: strong belief or trust in someone or something; belief in the existence of God: strong religious feelings or beliefs; a system of religious beliefs.
Faith branded is nothing more than words on a page. Faith lived is the essence of the soul seen. Faith gives courage in the face of danger, strength in the face of weakness, correction in the face of rebellion, truth in a sea of lies, and a foundation unshakeable. It molds our very appearance, our sense of self, our thoughts, our values, our emotions, our words, our reactions to and in life as we know it. It contains the power of endurance for a race well run and a life well lived.
Either you have faith in yourself or something outside of yourself. But everyone as FAITH…in something.
Thoughts on Faith
- Trials: heartbeat of becoming (4/15/2018) - There are days that everything seems to fall into the place and you’re five minutes ahead of schedule. Your children woke up on the perfect side of the bed because they are listening and obeying without fuss. You got to drink an entire cup of hot coffee. A healthy dinner is cooking in the crockpot. … Continue reading Trials: heartbeat of becoming
- Trust (1/8/2018) - Would you keep reading if I told you I could solve ALL your trust issues? Do you truly trust your spouse? Do you truly trust your brother? Do you truly trust anyone in your life? Have you ever read through your husband or wives phone while they were in the shower or asleep? Have you … Continue reading Trust
- Be Still (12/28/2017) - Shhh…can you hear the roar of the whisper? There is a calling you must be attuned too, a purpose that only you can fulfill, a plan that needs your coveted part! The new year always brings new resolutions; losing weight, gaining muscle, quitting a bad habit, starting a good habit, organizing, becoming debt free, determination, … Continue reading Be Still
- From Shaken to Firm (10/14/2017) - This is it…. I have crawled into my husbands closet with two bibles, two books, a pen and a pencil, and a cup of coffee at 7:02 on a Thursday night. I feel like the mom in Moms Night Out who’s husband comes home to find her clutching an empty bag of chocolate watching birds … Continue reading From Shaken to Firm
- Loss (8/28/2017) - What is Loss. My computer’s dictionary says loss is the fact or process of losing something or someone. Something or someone! The loss of something is so superficial. What are we loosing really? Hard matter. Lifeless matter. A phone, a ring, a piece of paper, a body? No. Loss is really a void. The … Continue reading Loss
- Purpose Drives Discipline (8/14/2017) - “For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.” Hebrews 12:11 Lazy. The first word that comes to mind. I’m Lazy. I can excuse my action by exhaustion, disease, kids, life. If I boil it all down…lazy. … Continue reading Purpose Drives Discipline
- LOVE (8/7/2017) - what is it? “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on it own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, … Continue reading LOVE
- A Solitary Road (7/31/2017) - Sometimes our journey in life can be solitary. Other times it’s so crowded you can’t see your own feet. Life is fluid. It’s always changing. Take a look deep into the ocean; there is always a current, fish are always swimming, everything is constantly changing; a cycle that is always remaking itself. Even land has … Continue reading A Solitary Road
- IT is WELL (7/25/2017) - A miracle and a tragedy. 2 Kings 4:8 introduces us to the Shunammite woman, well to do, but childless. Elisha often came through her town and she urged him to stay and eat, so whenever he went the way of her house he always ate. Elisha came so frequently that the woman had a room … Continue reading IT is WELL
- Fighting the Lies (7/17/2017) - When Jesus was tempted by satan He is recorded as quoting scripture. “And the tempter came and said to Him, ‘If you are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.’ But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out … Continue reading Fighting the Lies